Depicts a guided missile crossing a sword on the surface of the sea. The depiction indicates the combat capability and firepower available to this type of P. Ships.
The PFC KELEYSTAS STAMOU ( P – 287) is built in 1975 by the shipyard “CHANTIERS NAVALS DE L’ESTEREL” located in Cannes, France.
It belongs to the category of Fast Patrol Boat of the “ESTEREL” type.
She was launched on 11 – 7 – 1975 at 08:00 and after the end of the tests in the port and at sea she was delivered to the Navy with the hoisting of the Greek flag at 12:00 on 28 – 7 – 1975 in Naples, France.
- Date of departure from France : 31 July 1975.
- Date of arrival in NS : 5 August 1975.
The ship was named in honor of the Keleystis Stamos, who died for his country on 14 September 1943, as a crew member of the Y/V KATSONIS. The Y/V was sunk after being rammed by the former Greek minesweeper – minesweeper STRYMON, which had fallen prey to the Germans and was renamed UJ-2101. Petty Officer Stamos was the gunner of the Pυροβόло with which Katsonis took out the German ship.