TOLMI (P 229)
The ship’s crest displays a same type old ship using sails with a cross-section of a sword and cross on it. It represents the ship’s crew faith’s and nation’s effort which took part in 1821’s war for independence.
HS TOLMI was constructed in 1968 at Petersen shipyard of Wisconsin in the USA. She belongs to Asheville class and she was launched on 5 December 1969 with the name USS Green Bay (PG-101). The ship participated in the Atlantic’s amphibious force until 1975. She was accessed to Hellenic Navy on October 1989. The Greek flag was raised on 21 February 1990 and was given the name HS TOLMI, with side number P-229. It was placed among the Fast Patrol Boat Command. Since 1st of November 1992 the ship belongs to the Patrol Boat Command and it’s based on Salamis Naval Station. In her whole participation to the Hellenic Fleet, she operates in the eastern Aegean.