Training Center Poros
It consists of an anchor, weapon and bayonet complex. It symbolizes the naval and military character of the training that the Center provides to newly enlisted personnel.
In 1827 was founded in the town of Poros the first dockyard of free Greece and in 1831 officially announced his new position the CM POROS. The Naval Service of Naval Base remained with this name until 1833, when established by Otto the Directorate for Seafarers with dual status Admiralty and Naval Yard. In 1843 the Directorate for the Navy called Naval Directorate of subordination services the Arsenal, the Artisans Battalion, the Naval Hospital and the Naval Court of Poros. After transfer of the Naval Base at Salamis, 1878, the base of Poros used as sailors training center and therefore also renamed “Central Progymnastirio”. Then and until the beginning of World War II settled in “Central Progymnastirio” the Schools Complex PN together with the Higher Schools of Management (SCM), and the Educational Headquarters Squadron. After liberation worked again as Propaidefseos Center and Training Specialities nausea and Cadets until 1952. From 1952 to 1991 was used as a Navy NCO School With various names: “School of Cadets”, “SDYN” and “SMYN”. Since 1992 works as a training center called “CC RESOURCE”. In 2011 they began to set up and available for the first time five (5) houses for vacations Officer-NCO. From April 2013 are now available in a total of fifteen (15) Houses and serving resort needs to Warrant Officers-commissioned officers of the Navy.
The mission of POROS Training Center is to provide theoretical and practical training of the junior volunteer military personnel, as well as the service personnel and reservists of the Hellenic Navy, to provide holiday facilities to the beneficiaries and their family members and to maintain readiness to provide Logistics support to the activities of the Hellenic Navy.