HS MATROZOS (S-122)
The blazon represents the seaway of the Aegean Sea in where the submarine patrols submerged. On the upper left section of the blazon is depicted with the background of the blue sky the war flag of Spetsai during the Revolution of 1821. On the upper right is represented the torch of the fireships captains Ioannis and Lekkas Matrozos who acted on the war against Turkey.
The first submarine was Y-7, an ex-Italian Type 600 coastal submarine built in 1936. She was captured by the Royal Navy off the coast of Beirut and she was delivered to the Hellenic Navy on 5 December 1942. She sailed for the first war patron with Greek crew in March 1944. She served with the Hellenic Navy for another year until 17 April HS MATROZOS (S-122) is the third of the four Type 214 “PAPANIKOLIS” class submarines, ordered from the Hellenic Government to HDW shipbuilding company, the second built in Hellenic Shipyard at Skaramagkas. She was delivered officially to the Hellenic Navy on 14 April 214 and since then is serving continuously with the Hellenic Fleet.