HS KADMOS Α-428
Tug Boat KADMOS blazon presents the side view of the ship and its side number.
Tugboat KADMOS was built in 1954 by the shipyards of the MISSOURI VALLEY STEEL company in LEAVENWORTH, KANSAS, United States of America. The ship was built and used by US Navy and operated as a harbor tug.
In March 1990, the ship was handed over to the Hellenic State and joined the Navy fleet under the name KADMOS with side number A-428 and Call Sign SZ2028. Since then it has been in operation at the Y.N.T.E.L. Naval base – Leros, and is suitable for any work within ports. Its main occupation is the rigging of ships or barges of small and medium displacement.
At the same time, the tugboat KADMOS can participate in the extinguishing process of a fellow ship or a land installation as it is fully equipped with water pumps and extinguishing material. It can also provide assistance to ships in distress and support a search and rescue in Territorial or International waters.