The coat-of-arms (symbol) of the FPB ‘’Commander Maridakis’’ depicts a seagull above the waves, symbolizing the speed of the ship and its agility. It signifies the deep connection with the sea and the seamanship of its crew and Officers. The figure indicates the speed and firepower of a particular type of warship.
HS MARIDAKIS was built in the French shipyard in ‘’Construction Mechaniques de Normadie Cherbourg France’’, for the German Navy where it joined it on June 16, 1974 with the name “HAEHER P-6151”. The Greek flag was raised on HS MARIDAKIS on April 28, 1995 at the Salamis port.
It was named HS MARIDAKIS in honor of the late Lieutenant Commander George Maridaki, who served on HS PROTEFS (submarine), as executive officer and was lost during the sinking of submarine on December 28, 1940 in the Adriatic.